Women’s Empowerment Group providing a safe space for peer-to-peer support group services plus various workshops and events for survivors of domestic violence, sexual assault, and abuse.
Las Mujeres Unidas
We host Mujeres Unidas (Women United), a peer-to-peer support group created in 2008 that provides a safe space for immigrants to relax and share resources while also learning about the dynamics of family violence, supportive parenting skills, financial literacy, nutrition, jewelry, health, and other topics of importance to the women. The group is collectively run by over a dozen immigrant women from different cultures. Mujeres Unidas is designed to enhance emotional and psychological well-being, and the group engages in advocacy, fellowship, and leadership development.
- The Mujeres Unidas Forest group was the first in our community to respond to COVID-19. The group sewed and disbursed masks to the community. To date, the group has made and delivered over 1,700 masks.
- The Mujeres Unidas group holds holiday parties and other events for the larger community.
- The Mujeres Unidas group hosts programs focused on parenting and mental health issues.
- The Mujeres Unidas Forest group partnered with the Center for Violence Prevention to provide a workshop on Human Trafficking and Domestic Violence.
- The Mujeres Unidas Forest group provided sewing classes that meet weekly.
- The Mujeres Unidas Zumba classes met weekly.
- The Mujeres Unidas provided a class on make-up and personal beauty tips.
To join the Mujeres Unidas group at our Forest office, you can call Yolanda Soto at (601) 209-9713; or at our Biloxi office, you can call Mary Townsend at (228) 436-3986
Biloxi – Open from 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday for appointments. Please call (228) 436-398 to make an appointment for legal consultation.
Forest – Open 10:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday for appointments. Please call (601) 564-7148 to make an appointment for legal consultation.
Please call first to schedule an appointment because we are not generally able to take walk-ins. However, if you are in an emergency situation involving the threat of immediate violence, we will attend to you immediately. You may also schedule an appointment by emailing email@example.com.