El Pueblo works to provide community support in response to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. Additionally, we work to educate the local community about the risks and preventions associated with the Coronavirus.
El Pueblo Responds to COVID Pandemic Crises and Offers Community Support :
- We developed the “Food for Our Neighbors” campaign to provide food for those impacted economically from COVID-19. The campaign has raised over $5000.
- We distributed $25 Walmart gift cards (donated from Catholic Charities Jackson, MS and St Stevens Episcopal church in Sewickley, PA) to families who were out of work due to COVID.
- Due to a generous grant from the Mississippi State Department of Health and in partnership with Jackson free Clinic, Our Brothers Keeper, and Open Arms, we have provided several vaccination events targeting the Latinx community.
- We provided information to the community in Spanish and two different Guatemalan dialects.
- El Pueblo worked with the local Walgreens, providing interpretation and vaccination sign-up Spanish speakers
- The Mujeres Unidas group made dozens of masks to distribute to the local community.
- Due to a generous grant by Hispanics in Philanthropy, we provided over $12,000 in direct assistance in the form of rental assistance, utility assistance, and medical assistance to help support workers and their families affected by COVID.