Providing basic necessities, financial assistance, and other direct support to individuals in navigating bureaucratic systems as well as everyday challenges.
Community Outreach and Advocacy
El Pueblo works in numerous ways to connect with the local community and advocate for the local immigrant community. Listed below are just a few examples of our many actions:
- In conjunction with other CBOs and attorneys, we provided intakes and interpretation services at group events for families affected by the raids.
- We assist with navigating local enforcement procedures, i.e., accompany clients to press charges against abusers.
- We assist families with Headstart and school registration issues.
- We advocated for and provide education and events regarding Census 2020. Provide direct assistance for families in completing the forms.
- We worked with USA Today, Clarion-Ledger, Mississippi Center for Investigative Reporting, WLOX, and WTVA regarding promoting issues and events for our community.
- We use social media to distribute information regarding important health, political, and legal topics.
We additionally strive to change the hearts and minds of the larger Mississippi community by educating native-born citizens on the reality of the immigrant experience.