Beyond helping individuals in our community, El Pueblo seeks to give immigrants the tools and knowledge to advocate for themselves in the public sphere. We are working towards a just future for all immigrants.
Meet Our Advocacy Volunteer - Yaritza Herrera
- Originally from Honduras, Yaritza migrated to The United States in 2016
- She is the mother of three children
- She works to educate and empower the immigrant community, especially working with Latina women and mothers to teach them their rights.
El Pueblo and Forest community members participated in Mississippi Immigrants Rights Alliance’s Civic Day of Engagement advocating for immigrant rights at the State’s Capitol.
Know your Rights
- Download your Rights Card here.
- Learn about how to get Corrections to your Birth Certificate
- Learn about creating a Family Plan
- Learn about ICE Detentions